Freedom of opinion, freedom of expression and press freedom is a human right that is protected, the Constitution of 1945 and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. The existence of cyber media in Indonesia are also part of the freedom of opinion, freedom of expression, and freedom of the press.
Cyber media have special characters that require management guidelines that can be implemented in a professional manner, fulfilling the functions, rights and obligations under the Act No. 40 of 1999 on the Press and Journalism Code of Ethics. For that the Press Council with news organizations, cyber media managers, and the public arrange Siber Media Coverage Guidelines as follows:
- Siber Media is any form of media that uses the internet and carrying out vehicle journalistic activities, as well as meet the requirements of the Press Law and Press Corporate Standards set by the Press Council.
- User Generated Contents (User Generated Content) is any content created and posted by users or cyber media, among other things, articles, pictures, commentary, voice, video and upload forms attached to cyber media, such as blogs, forums, reader comments or viewers, and other forms.
2. Verification and keberimbangan news
- In principle, every word has to go through the verification.
- News that can harm others require verification at the same news to meet the principles of accuracy and keberimbangan.
- Provisions of paragraph (a) above are excluded, provided that:
- News actually contains urgent public interest;
- The first news sources are clearly identified sources, credible and competent;
- The subject of the news to be confirmed and whereabouts are unknown or can not be interviewed;
- Media give an explanation to the reader that the story still needs further verification effort in time soon. Explanations contained in the latter part of the same story, in parentheses and using italics.
- After loading the news in accordance with clause (c), shall continue efforts to verify the media, and after verification be obtained, the verification results are listed in the news update (update) with a link to the news has not been verified.
3. User Generated Contents (User Generated Content)
- Cyber media must include the terms and conditions of the User Generated Content that is not contrary to the Law. 40 of 1999 on the Press and Journalism Code of Ethics, which is placed in bright and clear.
- Media cyber requires each user to register for a membership and log-in process in advance to be able to publish all forms of User Generated Content. Provisions on the log-in will be further.
- In registration, the cyber media requires users to give written consent that User Generated Content published:
- Do not load the content lies, slander, and obscene sadistic;
- Does not contain content that contains prejudice and hatred associated with ethnicity, religion, race, and intergroup (SARA), as well as advocating violence;
- Not discriminate on the basis of load contents gender and language, and not degrading the weak, poor, sick, mental disability, or physical disability.
- Cyber media has absolute authority to edit or delete any User Generated Content that contrary to clause (c).
- Media shall provide complaint mechanisms cyber User Generated Content that violates the provisions in paragraph (c). These mechanisms should be provided in an easily accessible user.
- Media cyber shall edit, delete, and perform corrective action any User Generated Content are reported and violation of clause (c), as soon as possible in proportion later than 2 x 24 hours after the complaint is received.
- Cyber media that meets the requirements in paragraph (a), (b), (c), and (f) are not burdened with the responsibility for the problems caused by the loading of content that violates the provisions of clause (c).
- Media cyber responsible for User Generated Content are not reported when taking corrective action after the deadline as stated in paragraph (f).
4. Errata, corrections, and Right of Reply
- Errata, corrections, and refers to the right to answer the Press Law, Journalism Code of Ethics and Code of Right of Reply established Press Council.
- Corrected, and the correction or right of reply shall be predicated on the news rectified, corrected or given the right of reply.
- In every news errata, corrections, and the right of reply must be included when loading errata, corrections, and or the right of reply.
- If a particular cyber news media disseminated other cyber media, then:
- Responsibility cyber media newsmakers limited to news published in the media cyber or cyber media which is under the technical authority;
- Correction news carried by a cyber media, should also be done by other cyber media, citing news from the cyber media corrected it;
- The media spread the news of a cyber media and make corrections according to the news by cyber media owners and or news makers, are fully responsible for all legal consequences of the news is not correcting it.
5. Revocation News
- News have been published can not be revoked for reasons of censorship from outside the editor, unless related to racial issues, ethics, the future of children, victims of traumatic experiences or based on special considerations as determined by the Press Council.
- Another cyber media must follow the repeal of the news media quote origin that have been revoked.
- Retraction retraction must be accompanied by reasons and announced to the public.
- Media cyber shall clearly distinguish between news and advertising products.
- Any news / articles / content are paid advertisements and or contents must include caption “advertorial”, “ad”, “ads”, “sponsored,” or other words that describe the news / articles / content is advertising.
- Cyber media must respect copyright as stipulated in laws and regulations.
8. Inclusion Guidelines
- Cyber Media Coverage Media Guidelines must include this in the media Siber is bright and clear.
- Final judgment on the dispute regarding the implementation of the Guidelines for Media Coverage Siber completed by the Press Council.